Thursday, February 19, 2009

Infopath - no access to pull ad data?

I was getting the following error during my first try:
The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: GetUserProfileByNameInfoPath cannot run the specified query.The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:
Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

Cause: I was calling the web service against the server root that I didn’t have access to. For example http://server/_vti_bin/userprofileservice.asmx but I didn’t have access to http://server

Solution: Call the web service against the site the InfoPath template lives in, which the current user has access to. For example http://server/sites/sitename/_vti_bin/userprofileservice.asmx

1 comment:

Chuck Danner said...

Same problem. That worked.